For 165 years, the YMCA of Greater Springfield has provided youth development, fostered healthy living, and promoted social responsibility in the 14 cities and towns that it serves. We take pride in being one of the largest non-school educators in the state, one of the top 120 YMCAs in the U.S., and the second oldest Y in the country.
We are currently looking for a Group Exercise Instructor to join our team. Whether you are interested in joining a leading non-profit or looking to advance your Y career, this is your opportunity to help make our community better together. The Y. ™ For a better us. ™
Please note that any and all offers of employment are contingent on the successful completion of a background check, reference check, and new hire packet. In roles where driving is required as an essential function, a driver history check must also be successfully completed.
This person will play an important part in the work that we do each day. In addition to all other duties as assigned, this role will
Maintain and provide proof of YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Principles, Foundation of YMCA Group Exercise, YMCA Cardio & Step or other accredited certifications approved by the H&W director at all times.
* Maintain and provide proof of Community CPR, First Aid and AED at all times.
* All Certifications are to be kept current at all times.
* Participate in 80% of all mandatory staff trainings and meetings.
* Report ALL accidents, injuries and/or incidents to your Coordinator/Director as well as fill out incident report within 24 hours of occurence.
* Arrange for substitutes as needed and alert coordinator/director physically prior to abscence.
* Follow all class formats as they have been designed and begin and end class on time.
* Follow all department procedures for:
o Cleanliness and locking up for exercise rooms
o Equipment storing/maintenance of equipment,
o Fire drill procedures
o Code bleu procedures.
* Maintain a strong commitment to our mission and to our members.
* Maintain a high level of personal health and fitness.
* Work closely with the staff, coordinator and director to keep the department programs at a quality level.
The requirements and preferences (where indicated) for this role are listed below. Please review them carefully to ensure that you apply for the role that best matches your qualifications. Additional years of professional experience or a Rank of E-5 or better may be used in lieu of education requirements where permitted.
While each of our leadership competencies plays a role in the success of our staff members, for this role we will be paying special attention to the areas of: